The role of the Winemaker Assistant is to work with our winemaking team to ensure quality wine production through efficient execution of cellar operations under the direction of our Operations Manager and Winemaker. The objective for the job candidate is to grow with the job, and eventually become an assistant winemaker. This position reports to the Operations Assistant and Winemaker.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist the Winemaker in all aspects of making the wine
- Team player for our small team
- Run lab tests and perform cellar duties
- Assist in harvest, winemaking, bottling, etc
- A full list of responsibilities is available from the winery
Key Requisites and Qualifications
- Some experience with wine making
- 21st Century Computer Skills
- Good organizational skills in terms of work products, data, work day planning, etc
- Laboratory experience
- Chemistry and Microbiology knowledge
- Bachelor degree or similar in viticulture or enology
- Ability to lift 55+ pounds
Hourly rate based on experience. Full-time position with health insurance benefits
The gem of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Byington Vineyard & Winery sits on 95 mountainous acres surrounded by redwood forests with a view to the Monterey Bay. Byington produces award-winning Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay wines and other exciting varietals that highlight the diversity of Northern California.
The winery is focused on growing and producing premium wines, farmed sustainably using biodynamic growing methods. The wines are handcrafted with focus on natural fermentation methods from handpicked grapes.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.